Homework: This week (5/13-5/16) students will be assigned multi-step review questions. PLEASE READ AND DISCUSS THE EXPECTATIONS WITH YOUR CHILD.
- They are to complete ONLY the problems assigned for homework that day (NO MORE, NO LESS)
- They MUST get a parent/guardian initial for each and every answer. No initials? No credit!
- A 100% will be earned for simply completing the problems (right or wrong).
- The packet of 25 questions will then be collected and graded Friday the 17th and returned next week in order to discuss any/all possible solutions.
- The SOL test will have several of these multi-step problems that many 5th grade students struggle with as they attempt to read and come up with a strategy for correctly solving the problems. We have been completing problems like these in class on a regular basis. This review packet is one last attempt to practice this skill.
Thank you in advance for working closely with your child at home and checking their work before they turn this review packet in to be graded. Mr. Sparico
Homework: Finish simplifying fractions on notebook page 16 if not finished in class. They will checked and graded when you arrive tomorrow.
Homework: practice workbook page 78 (PW 78) #1-18. ON LINED PAPER!!!
Homework: Fraction model worksheet. You must name the fraction represented by each shaded model and then order the fractions from least to greatest.
Next Tuesday May 7th is the LCES Grizzly Games Day for 5th grade. The event is organized by our wonderful Physical Education teachers Mrs. Goose and Mr. Casullo. Students will rotate through several high energy stations the allow them to get outside and have fun and at the same time get lots of exercise outside of their normal PE class.
Parent volunteers are needed. Please consider coming to help out. You can contact me or the PE teachers.
Homework: Ordering fractions worksheet. Students must show ALL work to get full credit.
Homework: Practice Workbook page 80 (PW 80) # 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 18, 20, 22. This worksheet is in your notebook. ALL WORK MUST BE SHOWN JUST LIKE THE PRACTICE EXAMPLES WE COMPLETED IN YOUR NOTEBOOK!
Homework: Study for Quiz tomorrow. It will cover Algebra/Variables, Elapsed Time,
Tree Diagrams, Order of Operations.
***It may have a multi-step computation (+, -, x, /) review question or two also.
Homework: Complete the tree diagram worksheet. You MUST explain why the incorrect answers are incorrect and for the last problem you MUST NEATLY create a tree diagram, sample space and multiply to show all of the possible combinations.
SOL TEST PREPARATION! Now would be a great time to start going back into your notebook to review the skills you were taught earlier in the year.
>>Your textbook, practice workbook as well as various online links (see the “links” tab above) will be good resources for additional practice problems to complete at home with your parents as well as fun review games/quizzes.
Homework: Practice workbook page 53 #17-20. Complete on lined paper and SHOW MULTIPLICATION CHECK.